Let me Explain...

I AM A JERSEY GIRL.
RESIDING IN MARYLAND.
I grew up moving around every few years, however from parent to parent, house to house, it was mainly all within the twin counties (Monmouth and Ocean) of New Jersey. I never really left the 30 mile square radius. At the ass end of '06 I moved two states away to Maryland. It's nice here. I've made great friends, became accustomed to the smell of chicken shit, (OMIGOD! That horid smell- I thought I'd never get 'used' to it) and even found a job (now 2) where I can really be myself and felt comfy in. However, my heart is still in New Jersey, and no matter what you say about it, no matter how hard y'all bash New Jersey, it'll always be home. So I took my Jersey attitude, and stuck it in my back pocket so I wouldn't scare any of you (more) southern folks away. You willingly clicked on my blog - so if my jersey roots sometimes show, and you find yourself re-learning all about me in a new light, don't be surprised. I'm not saying you'll find yourself glowing green because some of my nuclear waste leaked into your head from reading my blog, just that after I learned to drive on the Turnpike, I'm not afraid to say/do anything!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Weight Gainers

As one of my current occupations, I work as a health enthusiast at a vitamin supply retail store. Yesterday, I had a very fun customer, of which I thought I should share with the masses.

This 97 lb kid walks into the store asking for some help. He wanted to start to gain weight so he could lift weights and turn his puny little body into a god like muscle warrior. He said his friend told him about some protein powders that help with the fatigue and lessen the amount of recovery needed after a hard workout.

I brought him to our selections. I was in the middle of telling him about creatine when he RUDELY interuppted me and asked a VERY RUDE question.

"Well, which one do you use?"

Pause. REWIND.

<< Do I look like a body builder? Do I look like I spend hours of time at the gym? NO!

Stop. Fast Forward >>

I immediatly responded without missing a beat...
"I'm on a healthy diet of double fudge cupcakes and venti caramel lattes."

His face became red, I smiled and he appologized. I had to tell him I was joking (which I was not) and referred him to one of the better tasting products that we sell. He paid for the purchase and left.

The moral of the story is this: don't ask a fat girl what weight gainer she uses. She may become sarcastic (and if you're lucky, she won't sit on you!)

No comments: