Let me Explain...

I AM A JERSEY GIRL.
RESIDING IN MARYLAND.
I grew up moving around every few years, however from parent to parent, house to house, it was mainly all within the twin counties (Monmouth and Ocean) of New Jersey. I never really left the 30 mile square radius. At the ass end of '06 I moved two states away to Maryland. It's nice here. I've made great friends, became accustomed to the smell of chicken shit, (OMIGOD! That horid smell- I thought I'd never get 'used' to it) and even found a job (now 2) where I can really be myself and felt comfy in. However, my heart is still in New Jersey, and no matter what you say about it, no matter how hard y'all bash New Jersey, it'll always be home. So I took my Jersey attitude, and stuck it in my back pocket so I wouldn't scare any of you (more) southern folks away. You willingly clicked on my blog - so if my jersey roots sometimes show, and you find yourself re-learning all about me in a new light, don't be surprised. I'm not saying you'll find yourself glowing green because some of my nuclear waste leaked into your head from reading my blog, just that after I learned to drive on the Turnpike, I'm not afraid to say/do anything!

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Whole Lotta Poems & Me.

I researched these poems and added a few lines, edited them and deleted a lot to make it my own. It took me several hours and gave it to a friend who was having a hard time dealing with his life. It descirbes who he used to be, and today I felt these words necessary again.

Edited poems by Andre Maurois, Sir Winston Churchill, Carlos Castaneda, and Helen Keller.Edited, Contributed, and Closed by Caitlin Mauger

Often we allow ourselves to be upset by small things that we should forget about at once.
Perhaps someone we helped has proven ungrateful,
Someone that we believed to be a friend, has spoken ill of us,
Some regard we thought we deserved, was denied to us.
We feel such disappointment so strongly,
That we can no longer work, or even sleep.
We loose many irreplaceable hours in brooding our grievances that in a years time,
Will be forgotten by us, and everyone else.
Let us devote our lives to worthwhile feelings and actions,
To great thoughts,
Real affections,
And enduring actions for others.
Life is too short to be little.
We choose how we should live;
Courageously or in cowardice,
Honorably or dishonorably,
With purpose, or in a drift.
We decide what is important,
And what is trivial in life.
We decide what makes us significant.
It’s either what we do, or refuse to do.
We decide, we choose.
And we decide and we choose,
So our lives are formed.
We either make ourselves miserable,
Or we make ourselves strong.
The amount of work is the same.
Life is either a daring adventure,
Or nothing.
When we do the best that we can,
We never know what miracle is wrought in our life,
Or in the life of another.
Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow.
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,
Or sailed to an uncharted land,
Or opened a new heaven to the human spirit.
In the long run, pessimist may be proven right,
But the optimist has a better time on the trip.
An attitude of quality over quantity works only if you truly believe it.
But when the preacher of these words,
Spends his time in a quality that he does not approve,
And wouldn’t mind cutting his time here,
With his friends and family, a little short,
Not only is he fooling the crowd,
He is hurting himself.
A pessimist is someone who feels bad, when he feels good.
For FEAR he will feel worse when he feels better.
An optimist, looks at an oyster and expects to find a pearl,
A pessimist looks at an oyster and expects to ptomaine poisoning.
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity,
An optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Pessimists have no starters,
Optimists have no brakes.
An optimist laughs to forget,
The pessimist forgets to laugh.

Just when I was getting used to today, it became tomorrow.
Just when I had the confidence in you, I realized,
Confidence is what you have,
when you don’t really understand the situation.
I think that the life cycle is all backwards.
You should die first, to get it out of the way.
You should live twenty years in an old age home.
You should get kicked out when you become too young.
You should get a gold watch, and go to work.
You should work forty years until your young enough to enjoy retirement.
You should go to college, until your ready for highschool.
You should go to grade school, and become a little kid.
You should have to play, have no responsibilities, and become a little baby.
You should go to the womb, and spend your last nine months floating.
And you should finish off as a gleam in somebody’s eye.

Life both starts and ends with love.
And if you let no love into your life,
Your life will never start, and never end.
Yes, someday you will die, but you will realize,
You never lived to begin with.
Decide and choose.
Decide and choose which life to live, which path to take.
Wanting to die young is not a crime,
But make your youth worth living for.
Make the best of yours,
C.J.

No comments: